- When you create an CMarket ID, apply for commercial credit, purchase a product, download a software update, register for a class at an CMarket Retail Store, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using CMarket products, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to participate in CMarket services or forums, CMarket may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. CMarket will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government issued ID in limited circumstances including when setting up a wireless account and activating your device, for the purpose of extending commercial credit, managing reservations, or as required by law.
How we use your personal?information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on CMarket?s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don?t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your?preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of CMarket ID account holders.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with CMarket, you may not opt out of receiving these?communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve CMarket?s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an CMarket product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP?address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.